Saturday, January 09, 2010

Morris Bounces Back

My last post below is about IM Morris' bad run so far in the Aussie Champs. But at dinner earlier this evening, the young Victorian couldn't contain his excitement over his victory against Atzmon-Simon. A wonderful game, certainly one, according to Morris, that made him feel as if he's done something in this tournament. GM Ian Rogers' gives his brief commentary on that encounter in his bulletin of round 7.

Meanwhile, my good friend Richard Voon and I renewed our rivalry over some games of lightning. 5-1 to yours truly. Of course, that was after he'd already taken a couple of bucks off Bolens.

Note that this may be my last post for a few days. I'm finally packed and ready to go. I will be in Tokyo by Monday morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you're off to Tokyo, TCG, and have other things on your mind, but your coverage of the Aussie Champs has been a bit odd to say the least, lol. Have you even mentioned top seed ZYZ's fine performance to date (especially in light of your prediction that GM Jones would be just too good) or Xie, Ikeda, Smirnov... all norm chances? Instead we get posts about James Morris who is sitting somewhere in the middle of the field... surely not as big a story as the stories above?