Friday, September 11, 2009

Arianne: Chess Players are Egoist

Our mate Macauley just sent us some nice info on an interview he did with none other than WIM Arianne Caoili, winner of the Women's Oceania Zonal a couple of months back.

"It was fun. Yeah, it was a lot of fun. And I was very relaxed because it's not like it's the world to me to go to the Women's World Championships, but hey I won! So, I was happy."

When asked if she's improved her game by spending time with current love Lev Aronian, the Aussie gave a big, "Yeah".

Listen to Macauley's podcast over on Arianne and Aronian.

If there's a disappointment about this interview it is that Ari seems to have now abandoned her jazz ambitions. That's a real pity! I'm pretty sure that somewhere in my CD collection is one Arianne Caoili belting out a few classics!

No comments: