Monday, June 18, 2007

Rapid Chess Extravaganza

Too many things to do, books to read, movies to watch, even the occasional visit to the office on weekends - whatever. That's the pace of life these days. At least mine anyway. No time for chess - weekend chess, that is - those that span 2 to 3 days except, of course, for the biggies like Doeberl. All I prefer now are the faster time one-dayers but there's not enough of them. However, the next two weekends is a bonanza for guys like me.

This Sunday is the NSWCA Rapid and followed, in the next weekend, by the Rooty Hill Open Rapid. This second tournament will likely have a lot of Pinoy speedsters so be very, very afraid!

For train travellers, check service changes here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding! 2 Rapid chess tournament in 2 weekends? This is cool! This is my type of game. I'll definitely be there!

I just wish that there be a lot of these tournament in the future.

Justin said...

I'm playing in the NSW Rapid Play so I'll see you guys there!

Anonymous said...

This is like a cricket game wherein there is test match and a one dayer. It doesn't get any better that this! I'm playing to both.

Anonymous said...

I don't want longer games anymore. Makes me feel stress when playing. This short format is now right for me.

Do you agree Amiel?