The Sydney Academy of Chess's FM Brett Tindall was contacted by a TV production house recently apparently because they were looking for potential candidates for an upcoming local version of Beauty and the Geek. First launched in the US and co-produced by Ashton Kutcher (@aplusk), the show, at its core, is basically your standard challenge and elimination reality TV.
More about the US show here.
I've seen a couple of episodes and, let me tell you, it's just downright ridiculous! The geeks are unrealistically socially inept and the chicas are, well, just dumb. For the chicas, I hope they'll get the world famous Chk Chk Boom, Claire Werbeloff.
If you're interested, you must complete a questionnaire. Here are just five of the many questions that you'll need to answer:
- What are your intellectual strengths?
- Have you now, or have you ever seen a therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist?
- When it comes to women, what do you need the most help with?
- What are your insecurities?
- Who is your ideal life partner (male or female)? Is there anyone that you would consider is “out of your league” and vice versa?