Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Landed in Dresden

After a little detour through Spain, Italy and Austria, I've now finally made it to Dresden. It's been a long trip so far, and now I can't wait to get back to some chess action! Hopefully, we'll quickly recover some of my lost traffic!

Anyway, as of this moment, the only people I see are the visiting journos slowly arriving and being issued with press passes. I'm one of the first groups to arrive, I think, as the press centre is mostly still empty. No sign of any players still either and I've certainly not spotted any of the Aussies or Kiwis. We'll try to catch up with these guys later tonight during the opening ceremonies.

One thing I can tell you about is my press pass. In it are a number of guided tours for the visiting journos, all for free! A tour around the city on a double-decker bus looks interesting!

That's all for now - just a little informal update. I'll aim to do some live blogging tonight from about 8PM Dresden time which is 6AM Sydney and 4AM Perth.

UPDATE: Just bumped into Eugene Torre and Jayson Gonzales while they were strolling around the playing area. The rest of the RP team are resting. Eugene still has his humour. He thought I was playing for a team, he said!

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I hope you enjoy the Olympiad. I look forward to reading your blog! :)

Anonymous said...

answer Eugene "....and so did I..."