Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bermuda Party

The first that many of us had ever heard of the Bermuda party was 2 years ago when Gormallygate broke out, not just amongst the chess press, but right throughout MSM. Back then, I thought, well, I've got to attend one of these. Last night I fulfilled my wish.

I've been to a fair few parties in my time and, as far as I'm concerned, the Bermuda party is right up there with the best of them. If you'll only cut loose every couple of years, then this is the event to do it in.

Last night the venue was good and the music excellent. Although, if you ask me, I reckon the so-called "oldies" section upstairs was way more cool, with better music, better looking women and a higher rated crowd.

Now, I happen to be under strict request to not be TCG and just be the normal me (hell, I couldn't even take photos), but I will let you in on this little tid bit, something I won't soon forget. There is nothing like seeing a well-known grandmaster, blind drunk, pissing right next to you, swearing in his own lingo and banging (just gently) his head against the wall. Almost nothing, anyway.

Most partygoers were well-behaved, even the Aussies. I think. They retired early, while I finished at 4.30AM. Tomorrow, it's back to business.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilton Blogs From Dresden
http://main.uschess.org/content/view/8908/497