Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Web 3.0?

Just as when are talking about Web 2.0 in the chess world - the rest of the web now seems to be talking about Web 3.0! Mr. Hosch, for example, even mentions chess in passing in his blog for Britannica when he talks about web 3.0. I'm just not sure that this so-called "ubiquitous computing" definition. Kinda scary! Imagine that: "devices interacting with our every step"! Not for me thanks.

Or maybe you prefer this take by the How To Split An Atom blog: "Highly specialized information silos, moderated by a cult of personality, validated by the community, and put into context with the inclusion of meta-data through widgets." I don't know about you but I can already think of a few good chess examples today that come pretty close to that definition.

Anyway, enough of all this fancy talk. I just remembered that it was our birthday yesterday! Scroll down here.

No comments: