Sunday, July 08, 2007

Pinoy Knocks Out Aussie

I'm not really a boxing fan myself but I am a big fan of Pinoys who are world beaters. And today was another glorious day for Pinoy boxing. US-based Pinoy boxer Nonito Donaire pummeled the Australian Vic Darchinyan to win their IBF/IBO flyweight fight in the 5th round. Nonito sent Vic dazed and confused with a gorgeous left and it was lights out! Even my 57-year old mother was bouncing up and down with glee.

The BBC quotes Donaire as saying, "This fight wasn't just for me, it was for my family and the Filipino people, too. I could feel their energy tonight. I felt so good in the ring."

Amen to you brother!

1 comment:

merjoem32 said...

It was a great fight with an even greater ending. Nonito Donaire showed what Pinoy boxing is all about in his bout against Darchinyan. He proved that Vic is not as invincible as he believes himself to be.