Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Transformers Chess Set

Back in the old days, I'm talking 80's here, I used to be crazy about this cartoon show - Transformers. Anyone else remember them? You know, Autobots versus Decepticons. I used to love them. Still do. Anyway, Transformers fans can now play chess while also doing pretend battles with the robot protagonists. SOTA Toys are set to release a Transformers chess set and we have the first look courtesy of tformers.com.




Actually, I was always partial to the Decepticons. That the Autobots, most of them anyway, couldn't fly used to just piss me off.

6 comments:

Tom Chivers said...

I wonder if the pawns transform into queens, literally.

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if the Autobots symbolise the chesschat forum and Decepticons the australian chess club forum or is it vice versa?

Either way, Australian chess is in desperate need of "transformers", would you not agree? ;)

Anonymous said...

I loved that cartoon. Also available in (then communist) Yugoslavia were Masters of the Universe.

Anonymous said...

What has happend to Bobby Ang's column (http://www.indochess.com) on Indochess? Can't find it any more!

The Closet Grandmaster said...

It's still there. Look in the right side-bar under "Bobby Ang".

- TCG

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I can't find the Bobby Ang-link in the right side-bar. Only "Indo Chess" but this site does not load! Has Bobby Ang stopped writing his columns? I think he was one of the best columnist on the chess scene.