- A more common and suitable appearance in the sports market
- A more attractive picture for the MEDIA world wide
- Better information for the spectators and the arbiters in the playing halls
- Co-operation with major sports firms who may design special collection for the hundreds millions of chess players.
- Better promotion of Sponsors and Chess Organizations
- In the near future Clubs or National teams could add in the contracts with top chess players the commercial exploitation of their t-shirts.
Read the complete press release here.
Seems fair enough to me. Although if you're cynical, you'd think it was just some revenue raising by the organisers.
Anyway, attractive pictures for the world wide media doesn't always quite work. Just ask the Chinese.