Tuesday, June 03, 2008

AusJCL to Grab Powers From ACF

The first and last time I posted anything about a newly planned junior body, the so-called "AusJCL", was way back in February 2008. Back then there was still plenty of discussion about the form and purpose of such an organisation. But this afternoon, I've just learnt that the AusJCL is a dead certainty. It's coming.

An overwhelming majority of participants in an online discussion forum (actually performed via email) voted for the creation of the AusJCL. Three people opposed the idea with one vote "withheld".

Our big wig insider tells us that there is at least now a draft constitution currently being voted on and that will be followed by the election of an interim council.

1 comment:

DeNovoMeme said...

I wish the AJCL well and I will help it if/when/where I can. However, I have my doubts as to its long-term success.

1. It is structured in the same way as the ACF with state appointed nominee/delegates.
2. Its powers will only exist at the behest of the ACF.
3. The current good batch of people who are driving the AJCL will one day be gone - only to be replaced by stupid parochial seat warmers.