Thursday, February 28, 2008

Reminder: Rapid GP this Weekend

A quick reminder that the first leg of the brand new Sydney Rapid GP is on this Saturday. Robert Ambalong, one of the guys over at the host club, Rooty Hill CC, emailed me to say that IM George Xie has confirmed his participation in the event. It looks like George is aiming to win this one for a third straight time.

Anyway, here's a map to the venue. Actually I just wanted to test embedding a Google map to my blog post. Let me know if you spot problems.



View Larger Map

For more details about the tournament, click here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Google map is great. It looks like Rooty Hill CC is just 5 minutes walk away from the train station.

The Closet Grandmaster said...

About 5-10 minutes or so.

- TCG

Anonymous said...

I had lunch with GM Rogers, IM George Xie and others a few weeks ago and we were discussing the style of Australian Chess players and it was agreed that George’s style is very tactical until George interjected and said " I am a very stragteical palyer" referring to his fine win against GM Dejan Antic at the start of the year. George continued " My master strategy in this game was to get Antic in time trouble and for him to blunder in a time scramble and it worked perfectly which makes me a good strategical player right? " George is always good value!