Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Olympiad Bound

It's that time again folks. I'm off to the UK again this evening, laying over for a couple of nights in London, before heading off to Spain and a few other countries. This is my own little "grand tour". After what seems like only a blip I finally hit my decade with my employer and, therefore, my long service leave.

And yes, on the itinerary is Dresden! We'll definitely be doing some on-the-spot blogging from the Olympiad. Thankfully I managed to score a press accreditation, so I should have no problems bringing you the action near live. I'm absolutely excited and looking forward to this event as it will be my biggest ever! Who knows, maybe we can teach these big boys a lesson or two in how to actually make chess more exciting.

Do keep coming back, however, as I'll continue to blog leading up to Dresden albeit at less than the usual one post per day. But for now, adios, take care, and thanks for a another great year in 2008. To some of you, see you in Germany!

UPDATE: And oh, before I forget, as you can see in our highly scientific poll - the lightning lovers comprehensively beat these Chess 960 lovers to a pulp. But there's nothing we can do now. Chess 960, it seems, in 2009's Doeberl is a done deal. Goodbye lightning. Goodbye fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Journey!

And we'd love some pics and insights of course... :)

Contact@(Mysite).org

Thanks...

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the live coverage!

If you can get as much blog 'traffic' as international chess blogs such as ChessVibes, ChessCentre and ChessDom, you could consider going global as well with your chess coverage :).

Anonymous said...

Great news about Dresden. Looking forward to it! :-)

Phil Bourke said...

Have a good trip, you lucky bugger. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't agree. There IS something we can do about Doeberl 9600: Don't play!! if they get big numbers, they'll repeat the event next year. If they get low numbers, they're be forced to think about it again...