Thursday, March 02, 2006

2010 Oympiad Bids

According to FIDE, there are now 6 bidders for the 2010 Olympiad. These are:

1. Polish Chess Federation is proposing to organize the event in Poznan, in August 2010.

2. Russian Chess Federation is proposing to organize the event in Khanty-Mansiysk, Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Region-Yugra in September 2010.

3. Latvian Chess Federation is proposing to organize the event in Riga, from 14 to 30 May 2010.

4. Estonian Chess Federation is proposing to organize the event in Tallinn, September/October 2010.

5. Serbia and Montenegro Chess Federation is proposing to organize the event in Budva, from 22 October to 5 November 2010.

6. Argentinean Chess Federation is proposing to organize the event in city of San Luis, from 15 October to 15 November 2010.

I am placing my bets in advance and hope that Estonia will win it! Last week, I read a travel review of this country and it looks to be a very nice place to visit. Although, I should say, Serbia and Montenegro would also be very nice. I might even get a free lodging with my new best friend, Goran!

2 comments:

Milan Lee said...

I'll stock the bar ;)

Anonymous said...

In the local Serbia & Montenegro media, I read yesterday that Estonia is not a candidate for the Olympiad 2010, and that this nomination is an error!? Still no confirmation on the official FIDE website, though.