Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Commonwealth Chess Association

Did everyone have a good break? I hope so. I did nothing but eat, saw a movie or two. How about that King Kong flick? Awesome!

Anyway to chess.

Like any activity, chess is represented by a variety of different organisations. And I had no idea that there was such a group as the Commonwealth Chess Association. I have not been able to locate a website, but if you're unfamiliar with the "Commonwealth" - then you can at least read all about that.

However, I did find the CCA's first newsletter courtesy of the FIDE website. There is an interesting trivia quiz: "Which country boasts of being the holder of the oldest, continuously running national chess championships in the world?"

Reactions to the newsletter are available on the FIDE site.

No comments: